Test Automation Engineer
You’ll learn to design, develop and maintain test automation solutions according to the international renowned ISTQB testing methodology. This training focuses on the concepts, methods, tools and processes for automating dynamic functional tests and the relationship of those tests to management, configuration management, defect management, software development processes and quality assurance.
Methods described are generally applicable across a variety of software lifecycle approaches (agile, sequential, incremental, iterative), types of software systems (embedded, distributed, mobile) and test types (functional and non-functional testing).
This three-day accredited training prepares participants to the exam for ISTQB Advanced Test Automation Engineer". The training is focused on practical knowledge and skills. Therefor it has a 50/50 ratio Of theory vs exercises.
The course covers the following topics:
- Test Automation
- Preparing for Test Automation
- The Generic Test Automation Architecture
- Deployment Risks and Contingencies
- Test Automation Reporting and Metrics
- Transitioning Manual Testing to an Automated Environment
- Verifying the TAS
- Continuous Improvement
Who should attend the course
This training is aimed at test professionals Who are at an advanced point in their career and wish to further develop their expertise in test automation.
You have the ISTQB Foundation certificate and have some experience with scripting or programming.
Candidates for the ISTQB Advanced Test Automation Engineer certificate must hold the ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level certificate (CTFL).
- To contribute to the development of a plan to integrate automated testing within the testing process
- To evaluate tools and technology for automation best fit to each project and organization
- To create an approach and methodology for building a test automation architecture (TAA).
- To design and develop (new or modified) test automation solutions that meet the business needs.
- To enable the transition of testing from a manual to an automated approach.
- To create automated test reporting and metrics collection.
- To manage and optimize test assets to facilitate maintainability and address evolving (test)
The Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer exam comprises 40 multiple choice questions, with a pass mark grade Of 65% to be completed within 90 minutes.
Participants that take the exam not in their spoken language, Will receive additional 25% more time (an additional 23 minutes) so a total of 113 minutes.
The exam will be held on a later date after the training. We offer participants exams through the swedish software testing board, SSTB.